Friday, January 14, 2005

The Best Chocolate Stores in New York

I can't imagine I arrived and left NYC without visiting ANY of the shops listed at this link: The Best Chocolate Stores in New York. Normally I would stock up on chocolate on any trip outside Asia. I guess I was put off chocolate by Christmas overindulgences: I don't know why (perhaps living in Asia or just getting older has changed my taste buds), but all those chocolate stocking-stuffers that tasted good when I was a kid are almost unbearable now: Ferrero Rocher (sickly sweet with oily aftertaste), Quality Street (even more sugary with sticky texture), etc.

But now that I am back in Taipei, I am wishing I had picked up a few of my favorites: for example, Lindt 80% - dark and delicious. I keep a little stash in my desk drawer for particularly high stress days. I call this Chocolate Therapy. I figure it is cheaper than Shopping Therapy and healthier than the Xanax or Zoloft options. I will DEFINATELY be checking out Lunettes et Chocolate on my next trip to New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home