Monday, November 15, 2004

SPAM - Taiwan Ranks Fourth Worst

Yes, this weekend was the weekend to get caught up on blogging. Unfortunately, Hinet didn't deliver my posts and I have had to copy and paste them. Hence all are dated with today's date. Some of my mail has not been getting delivered either... and all weekend, the server was up and down again.

I really dislike using Hinet, but my Hinet address is now the email address that everyone knows. Why do people not get my mail? I tried to find out if others had this problem and discovered the following: My chosen country of residence ranks FOURTH in the world for being the WORST SOURCE of SPAM (after the US, China and South Korea). Apparently ISP providers here are so irresponsible that some people in other parts of the world want to have nothing to do with those using Taiwanese ISPs. Some spam blockers brag about being able to block mail from the entire country of Taiwan!

It's true. I probably spend about 10 minutes or more cleaning spam out of my inbox everyday! I tried to find out why it is so terrible and found the following:
1. No law defining illegal spamming... (other unsolicited advertising is legal -like commercial faxes, advertising via loudspeaker, etc; 2. No inverse address records; 3. No abuse/postmaster mailboxes (Hinet has, but is infamous for not checking/replying); 4. Possibility that ISP providers receive revenue from spammers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home