Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Chocolate Chip Cookies on PPT



This Friday I will have another little trip to Southern Taiwan -Tainan to be exact. The teachers there have requested that we share some ideas on teaching reading. So I spent most of this morning scanning stuff to paste in my PowerPoint presentation, animating text and coming up with fun activities and examples. Even though all the participants will be teachers, I felt a bit like an elementary school teacher this morning. I even got to get out the colored pencil crayons. The above thumbnail is an example of a text only reading passage (a recipe) that has been summarized in comic form. Click on the link for a readable size of Pearson Taiwan's recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I am no artist, but I think the teachers will like... I know that my students who were poor at English, but good at art, liked to show off thier skills in English class by drawing the story. The trick is they have to read and understand first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home