Wednesday, October 20, 2004

No Egg No Wait

This morning, I had coffee and a Moss burger's half-sandwich for breakfast. It was my first time back since last week's incident. This time, they got it right.
Last week, I was in a hurry, but I wanted the warm sandwich... kind of like McDonald's egg Mc muffin (without all the grease... and including peanut butter). a I told the clerk that I had little time and that I didn't want to wait.... I would order something else if I had to wait. The clerk told me there would be no problem... and then asked me to wait 2 minutes! I was a bit confused since I already said that I didn't want to wait (and 2 minutes really meas 4-10 minutes). Anyway, after receiving breakfast and rushing back to the office, I opened my sandwich wrapper to find a warm bun with a few bits of wilted lettuce inside... there was NO EGG! I went back to the shop to find out how such an omission could be made... I mean what's the point of an egg sandwich sans egg? Turns out the guy didn't hear "den" (wait), he heard "dan"(egg)... thus: "I don't want an egg," instead of "I don't want to wait." Thank goodness... when he first told me to wait after me telling him that I didn't want to, I had started thinking there was something a little wrong with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home