Thursday, September 09, 2004

How to Find a Place in Taipei

Congratulate me! I finally found a place! It is a couple hundred ($US) more than we (Tommy and I) were looking for, but it is better than I expected in a neighborhood I never expected to fina place in. I will be living in Wanhua (West side) not so far from the gym and my office: 5-10 minute by cab... OR 1 stops by subway with a 10 minute walk on either end.

The place is huge by Taipei standards (40 ping)! It has a living/dining room, a study, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It has hardwood floors in all areas except the kitchen and bathrooms (which are the usual tile). It also includes a few items of furniture (although NO appliances). Now the argument will be who gets the big room with the walk-in closet... and who gets the small room with the private bathroom. The extra one is for all you to come stay in! I will attach pictures soon (my newly repaired digital camera is ready for pick-up today).

Anyway, usually after doing this kind of search, I promptly lose all the contact details of the agencies with which I found success. This time, I will list them here for future reference:

Rental Agencies - Usually more expensive / Can do a lot of the leg work for you
Master Realty
Berlin
Stonehouse
More in China Post / Taipei Times

* I found my place using the ALL A Rental Agency. (aparently favored by Taiwanese students relocating from areas outside TAipei)

Online Classifieds - hit and miss, but cheaper
www.tealit.com
www.forumsa.com

Places to look for rental adverts:
For shihlin / peitou / tienmu area - Shidong Market
For Sogo area - corner of Fushing and Civil Boulevard
For ShiDa area - Grandma Nitti's cafe (I think)Shih Ta Road, Lane 93, #8
Also ShiDa area - Mandarin Training Center, NTNU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home