Monday, September 27, 2004

WILD DESIGN

Today I received a pet... a little gray spotted long-haired cat. This little blue-eyed beauty came all the way from Vancouver in a plastic bag! (Thanks Joan) The beauty of this cat is that it needs no food and can function as a paperweight on your desk, potpourri (It seems to smell of lavendar)... or a beanbag throw toy when you're annoyed at a coworker! It might also scare away intruders as it's long hairs are more wiry and sparce than thick, soft and fluffy... and it's tail sticks out at an alarming angle. I thought at first it might have a name, so I read the label: Wild Design... designed and handmade by Jacquelin Spark, Canadian artist, to celebrate out companion creatures on earth...
 
Anyway, I started wondering if there were also dogs and other such pets... so I typed in "wild design" and came up with a site for racy underwear/swimwear and other latex things.... OK, try again: "'wild design' canada". This time I came up with a site for John Fluevog Shoes in Vancouver... nothing to do with latex OR stuffed pet replacements (AKA celebrations of our companion creations here on earth)! However, Fluevog Shoes being nostaligic and all (my one luxury during my "Goth" period... late 80's/early 90's), I admit to browsing the catelogue. On page 2 of women's footwear, there was a model called, "Hi Joan." Do you think I should purchase and send a pair to the Joan who sent me the cat?
 
PS. If you write me, I will send you a picture of my new pet and you can join in the naming contest. Winner receives something wild from Taipei.

1 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Anonymous so wild said...

I am Jacquelin spark. I made your wild gray longhaired cat...
I stumbled on your blog and am quite shocked-where did that cat travel ?
You described it's uncompromising strangeness very well.
I do other cats but no longer do other animals, maybe a few Lavender Mice with oversize ears.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home