Monday, September 20, 2004

New Taipei Apartment - Photo Tour

Finally, the Photo Tour of our new Taipei apartment is here! I had all but given up on figuring out why the uploaded photos weren't showing and posted some of the photos on my Web Album... Then it hit me! I hadn't included the file name in the linked address. Please view the empty apartment for now, and I will paste the "after" photos later... If I can. YOu can go to the Web Album link above if you want a closer view.



The view from the front door. Note the 3 colors of wood! What was the person who renovated thinking? The furniture was lent to us by the landlady: very traditional... and very hard - wood with tile, but we are grateful as the it fills some space until we get our designer leather couches. We will let you know when we get these... (Hope you aren't holding your breath!)


2 views of the Study! Was it once a "tatami room"?


The front foor is on the left, and the right leads to a space for a dining table and to the kitchen.


The kitchen is very old style. The bare bones sink etc loks more like what some Taiwanese families use when their cooking area is on the balcony. (The balcony is reserved for our washing machine.)


The bathroom... much like Japan - enter fully first, then turn around so you will have room to shut the door. This is the bathroom with the wondow into the storage area (see previous post)


This is my room. A wierd freak of design put a wondow between my room and the living room - a frosted window with 2 dragons carved in relief. See below:


If you put your eye up to the dragon's eye, you can see through. I will be getting opaque curtains as my roommate likes to stay up late playing X-box!


This is another view of my room (so you can see how much closet space there is! This is a PLUS! The open wardrobe doors show only 1/2 of the space. The open door is the infamous walk-in storage space.


This is inside Tommy's room. I won't show you his room as it is a mess, but you can see the architect really thought hard when he arranged the doors thus! YOu open the door to the room, and the ensuit bathroom door is blocked off.

Well, that's it for now! If you have any great ideas of what we can do with all this space, please let us know.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home