Thursday, September 30, 2004

Attitude is Everything

Today is another lazy day at the office - the things to do are piling up, but I am possessed of such lethagy as to make almost everything seem inpossible... Oops! According to Michael, salsa instructor from LA who occasionally takes time out of his busy schedule to lecture me, words like "impossible" and "but" should be erased from my vocabulary. Well, I am very happy for him that Keith Harrell's "Attitude is Everything" has changed his life, BUT how about if I just find ways to embrace and find happiness in my lethargy?

I seriously thought about taxi-ing it home this lunch break to take a nap instead of eating lunch. Maybe it is my overly active social life taking the toll on my energy levels? Ha ha... Well, although there has been no heavy drinking, no wild on-the-bar/table dancing, this week HAS been busy. Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (as salsa scene favorite Rick is leaving Taipei again, perhaps never to return) were spent out dancing (sedately and not under the unfluence of anything) and there was a barbecue party at home on Tuesday... Perhaps I need to ease into having a social life more slowly. (Although it will all have to end when I return to my studies for York at the end of the month).

Tonight I will spend a little time at the gym and then go home to sleep. I am working out with a guy who did a degree in kinesiology at a university somewhere in Ontario, Canada. He is great as he is helping me correct balance and alignment. I believe this will translate fabulously to the salsa floor as well. If only I could keep from slouching at my desk... or learn to type without looking at the keys. Do you think "if only" are other taboo words?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home