Friday, May 14, 2004

The Oracle of Starbucks

Note: Logo copied here without permission.
Do you remember the Oracle of Starbucks? Did you know that the woman who appears to have developed the Oracle also has a personal weblog? You may also remember that all of the possible outcomes of drinking ANYTHING at Starbucks is BAD! The sad thing is the Oracle of Starbucks states that I drink sparkling water and shop in designer grocery stores... and both of these are true! However, as I don't always drink the same thing at Starbucks, in addition to my heinous habits, I am also lame and an asshat (whatever that means). Well, you have to be all those things to waste $90+ (local currency) every time you drink coffee. For only $50, you can purchase coffee AND breakfast at the other places. Luckily, I can drink things not recognized by the Oracle to avoid categorization: tall double low-fat no-foam half-sweet caramel ice latte; shaken, no ice! An accountant I know adviced me that rather than DRINK Starbucks, I should purchase it! Her stock has doubled! If only I knew how to do that! Anyway, the point of this blog was not to remind you of the shame you felt the first time you visited the Oracle, but to point out that the developer's (if I have miscredited... please correct me) personal weblog is as interesting as the website. The entry a guide to understanding writers sounds like me the first time I tried writing something here in current place of employment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home