Friday, October 10, 2003

Babel Fish - Spanish, but no Serbian

I am just keeping it short today because I am busy wasting time in other ways! One of my online hobbies (for both personal and professional use) is checking/editing/translating using online dictionaries and translation tools.

My favorite translation site is Babel Fish. You can translate from several languages into several other languages. I tried this one with Korean first. I typed in simple phrases and the translations were almost always nearly perfect... even deleting subject pronouns as Korean speakers would... Complicated sentences are another story, however.

Now I use it for other languages, too... languages new to me like Spanish. Unfortunately, not all languages are represented. If you want to translate Serbian, you are out of luck! However, there are always ways around this. Just email me with your Serbian language needs and I will send them to Slovenian friend and translator extraordinaire (I hear she also does Croatian, Italian, German... ) or sign up for on-line Serbian lessons! This one is fun as you can drag your cursor over the word and hear the meaning... or click the speech bubble to hear the phrase spoken...

Click below to translate this page!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home