Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Canadian Content

Don't you hate those quizzes entitled, "You know you're ____ when..."? I especially hate it when I read them and find that I am obviously NOT what someone somewhere thought I might be. (Does that make any sense?) After 10 years of living abroad, this often happens. I mean, I only discovered that 24-7 wasn't the name of new convenience store about a year ago! And I don't know the names of any sitcoms that started after 1993 (aside from Sex in the City - HBO airs in Taiwan).

However, just today a repatriated expat (and true Canadian) now living in Vancouver sent me a CD by Great Big Sea. Item 27 on the "You know you're Canadian when..." list runs thusly: You think Great Big Sea isn't maritime-centric enough. Have you ever heard of a band from Newfoundland called Great Big Sea? I can't wait to get home and listen to it! I will review it on tomorrow's posting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home