Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Great Big Sea - SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL



Well, I am home now listening to Great Big Sea... furthering my education on Maritime music culture! Wow! Very local. The picture above was taken at the Nanaimo Ferry Terminal... but I haven't been to the Atlantic for awhile, so the Pacific will have to do. I can feel the salt water around my ankles as I listen to this. The sounds of Great Big Sea are sounds of skipping stones, but also of running through fields of Goldenrod, maybe throw in some thistles and a few dragonflies... there might also be a twilight whiskey party thrown in for good measure - simple, optimistic, and slightly colonial (can I say that?) Imagine acoustic guitars and concertinas... Together!

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little extra info: Great Big Sea's official website can be found here: http://www.greatbigsea.com/thetour/index.cfm

I also heard from a little birdy that these guys have a restaurant in Newfoundland. Can this be true? A quick web search seems to indicate that this trio is quite popular in Canada!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home