Thursday, August 17, 2006

Botticelli, Botticini, and a bottle of Asahi!

So yesterday's outings started with a late morning Louvre visit. We really only did Italian, Spanish and French paintings - one wing of one floor. The Dutch and Flemish painters will be my next visit. I didn't take a lot of photos here as the ones on the website are better than any I had the motivation not to take and the artworks themselves, well they are in every coffee table art book tome - A History of Art by J. Jansen (or was it Kenneth Clark?) and the like.
After the Louvre, Sol went for coffee with Omaya and I worked at home. Then Sol, Fousti and I went to the Japanese quarter for cheap Japanese food... sorry to say it was no better than last time I was there, but passable anyway... and CHEAP! Well, that's all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home