Monday, December 12, 2005

Getting reacquainted


Sarah tries on a new vest
Originally uploaded by zanmei east west.


Ok, so I haven't been writing in my blog, but I am still alive and am settling into London life: getting reaquainted with London (not that I really knew it before), student life, and long lost friends. The picture you see is of Sarah trying on a vest at the "Naked Lady" party (see next entry). I have her to thank for a painless resettlement. (What would I have done without her gift of the A-Z of London and her reassuring text messages?) She was my undergraduate housemate for a year and amazingly, after about 13 years of barely-there-contact, we are back in touch and it's like no time has passed... except for that it has. Luckily, renewing friendship has been easier than readjusting to student life. Sarah and I have actually traveled in different directions that have brought us closer to the same destination that we were in Vancouver. How great it is to have such a friend actually living in the same country after so many years of (not only long distance loves), but long distance friendships. But it brings me to a question. Are there some people with whom it is easier to have a closer friendship the further away you live?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home