Sunday, August 21, 2005

Yaletown Condo Life

So I am in Vancouver and really living the oatmeally yuppie life one might expect of someone in a Yaletown condo (even though it will only be for less than a week now). Take yesterday for example: The weather in Vancouver is absolutely unbelievable... beautiful and sunny - no rain (so I don't need to worry about whether this is one of those leaky condos or not).

I wake up and head to to the yoga studio across the street. Then I will come home for some yogurt with fruit and oatmeal (bought at Choices Organic supermarket). Then it's time to see who wants to meet for a drive or coffee or lunch. Joan, Wilma and Cynthia are up for it.

Late afternoon, I make my lazy way back to open the door to my new roomate screaming, "Meezan, come here... Come quickly." The emergency is that he has just completed cooking/creating some new kind of new pan-Caribbean-style chicken dish. Fantastic! (And he added chillis just for me... he insists Cuban food is not spicy!) I eat a bowlful over the sink and then get ready for an evening out with with Farheen. I call her and she is already at the Inferno with other friends. I put on my shoes - it's only 2 blocks away.

Sigh! I don't want to leave. Tony - you mind if I don't vacate your room? If you suddenly decide to leave Taiwan, let me know first and I'll think about moving out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home